Monday, June 15, 2009

It's a start.

Today's diagnoses is:
An acute case of self pity, presenting with signs of major doubt.
Presently there is no cure, although research is being done into possible treatments.

In the last two weeks I:
Had a major financial setback
Started a sort of intimidating yet exciting class
Quit my job
Told a terrible secret

Mostly in that order.

First yes, I realize as an intelligent human being that major financial setbacks and quitting ones job during economic downturns, do not a good combination make.
So what.
I am a woman of calculated impulse.
I am also a fan of oxymorons.

I hated my job. And I loved most of the people I worked with. Still work with. For about two more weeks.
It wasn't just the standing around waiting for money that was never going to come. It wasn't just being forced to wait on people who get to decide my worth on a whim and a glance. It wasn't just the six day work weeks making barely minimum wage.

On second thought that was enough.

There was excitement. Putting on my scrubs for the first time, although way too big, was thrilling. I finally felt I was on my way.
Yes it's "just" phlebotomy. But it's a step. A huge one for someone who forgot what she loved and then stumbled upon it again.

The secret well....the people who know it know it. Those who don't, don't and that my friends is the nature of the secret. A secret. Secrets.

It's going to prove to be a long ridiculous summer. Which is frustrating and exciting.
And wholly predictable.

1 comment:

  1. it's not "just" phlebotomy. it's a good skill to have and i'm pretty sure you'd need to know it eventually anyway. then you can get an awesome job, maybe with the red cross, while you continue school. anything has to be better than that other joint.

    also, you didn't tell me you quit your job.

    ReplyDelete